½ kilo fish (any fish will do)
3-4 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
1 medium sized onion, chopped
2-3 tomatoes, sliced into small pieces
¼ cup fish sauce (patis)
3-4 cups water
2 eggs, scrambled
- Clean and salt fish for frying. Allow time for the fish to absorb the salt.
- Fry the fish up to desired crispiness. Set aside.
- Saute garlic until golden brown.
- Add the onions and stir occasionally for about a minute.
- Add the tomatoes and keep stirring occasionally for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce and stir until well blended.
- Add the water. You may add more water but make sure you add a proportionate amount of fish sauce.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for a couple of minutes under low fire.
- Taste and add more fish sauce if necessary.
- Turn off the heat.
- Pour the scrambled eggs around the wok or skillet. Do not stir until ready to serve.
Got a recipe that you wish to share? Send this with photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.